Our Best Seller. Loved By 1000s of Australian Mums.
Expressing made easy with Haakaa
The Haakaa Breast Pump is a 100% food grade silicone, eco-friendly and simple to use breast pump. It fits perfectly into any handbag or baby bag and is the perfect gift for a mum to be.
The Haakaa Silicone Breast Pump provides relief for engorged breasts or is a simple and cost effective option for mums looking to create a stash of expressed breastmilk with minimal fuss. As there aren’t multiple components it can be used quickly in the middle of the night or if your baby has had a longer nap than usual.
Please note that this product contains the pump only. The popular Haakaa Pump accessories- Haakaa lid and Flower Stopper are available for purchase separately or as a bundle here. The Haakaa Silicone Pump is available in two sizes: 100ml and 150ml.
How does the Haakaa work?
The Haakaa works by creating gentle suction on your breast. Most of our pumping mums use the haakaa as a milk catcher or collector while simultaneously breastfeeding their baby on the opposite breast. This assists with achieving a let down and saves time! This breastmilk would otherwise have been lost in a breast pad.
The traditional constant pumping action required for other manual/ non-electrical pumps isn't necessary with the Haakaa although our customers have found a squeeze every now and then can help to produce a let down. If you have a hand free gently massage your breast or apply a warm compress to improve your milk flow.
How to Use Your Haakaa Breast Pump?
1. Sterilise your pump or wash in warm soapy water (no bleaching agents)
2. Suction the Haakaa Silicone Breast Pump to your breast and let the pump do the work for you as it draws your milk using suction.
There are two ways to apply your Haakaa Breast Pump:
Simply align the Haakaa so that your nipple is in the centre. Press the pump into the breast so that there is suction and you are ready to go!
Fold back the silicone breast shield. Once your nipple is aligned in the centre, press the pump into the breast and fold back the pump shield so that it is contact with your breast.
Yes it really is that simple!
If any pain is felt, remove the pump until you feel comfortable.
3. Once milk begins to flow simply leave the pump alone to do its thing.
4. Once the pump becomes full empty into a glass storage bottle and reposition.
5. If the pump is full or you wish to stop pumping – simply suction the suction base to the table next to you while you finish your feed or re dress and the pump is 100% secure. Store as required.
Perfect for travelling
Especially soft and comfortable – made from 100% food grade silicone
Fits perfectly into any handbag or baby bag
Dishwasher safe – also can be sterilised and left to sit in boiling water
Easy to use, easy to clean
BPA, PVC and Phthalate free
No cords, batteries or assembly required
Available with or without a suction base ensuring your pump will not fall over meaning no spills
What Size Should I Choose?
The Haakaa Silicone Pump is available in either 100ml or 150ml.
The 150ml size is the most popular version as most mums choose to pump while feeding their baby in a traditional cradle (across the body) position. As the 150ml is slighly longer it is more forgiving when on an angle so that milk doesn't travel up into the neck of the pump (and result in a wet boob).
Other mums prefer the smaller and slightly lighter 100ml version, so it really comes down to personal preference.
Use the Haakaa while breastfeeding your baby to help achieve a let down
While constant squeezing (like traditional manual pumps) isn't required, a couple of squeezes at the start can help to trigger a let down.
Heat and gently massaging your breast towards the nipple can help with let down and drainage of the breast.
Clean after each use. We strongly recommend cleaning and sterilising your Haakaa Breast Pump with any steam sterilising system or by boiling in water for 2-3 minutes. Do not use any bleach-based agents or sterilising tablets to clean this product. Do not use UV sterilisers to clean this product as it may impact the lifespan of your pump.
Caution: Check product condition regularly. Replace if this product shows any signs of damage. Do not store near any sharp objects. Only soft bristle brushes or soft sponges should be used to clean this product as hard scourers may scratch the surface. Exposure to detergent may make the silicone in this product appear cloudy. This product is not a toy. Do not use this product for anything other than its intended use. Store product in a cool, dry place and avoid direct sunlight. Adult supervision is required.
- Perfect for travelling
- Especially soft and comfortable – made from 100% food grade silicone
- Fits perfectly into any handbag or baby bag
- Dishwasher safe – also can be sterilised and left to sit in boiling water
- Easy to use, easy to clean
- BPA, PVC and Phthalate free
- No cords, batteries or assembly required
- 100ml capacity
- Suction base ensuring your pump will not fall over meaning no spills
How to Use Your Haakaa Breast Pump?
1. Sterilise your pump or wash in warm soapy water.
2. Place top of pump over your nipple – make sure your nipple is in the neck of the pump and comfortable.
3. Apply suction – you may need to adjust a couple of times. Once the pump is secure and comfortable you can squeeze the base of the pump (not interfering with the top/suction) to create some movement.
4. A warm flannel on top of your breast is also a great tip and gently massage the top of your breast.
5. Once milk begins to flow simply leave the pump alone to do its thing.
6. Once the pump becomes full empty into a glass storage bottle and reposition.
7. If the pump is full or you wish to stop pumping – simply suction the suction base to the table next to you while you finish your feed or re dress and the pump is 100% secure.
8. Simply suction the Haakaa Silicone Breast Pump to your breast and let the pump do the work for you as it draws your milk using suction.
Clean after each use. This product can be sterilised with any steam sterilising system or boiling water. No bleach based agents.