These single use sterile syringes are the perfect way to collect and store colostrum and give oral medications to the tiniest of bubs.
Australian made, TGA approved and free from latex and DEHP, these single use syringes have clear measurement markings for ease of use and a smooth tip which can make feeding or administering medication more comfortable.
This colostrum collecting kit contains 8 x single use syringes in the following sizes:
2 x 1ml Oral Tip Syringe
3 x 2.5ml Oral Tip Syringe
2 x 5ml Oral Tip Syringe
1 x 10ml Oral Tip Syringe
Oral Tip Syringe Cap- 8pk
Always check with your GP, OB or health professional before starting to express colostrum. In general, actively collecting colostrum is only recommended from 37 weeks pregnant as there may be a risk of uterine contractions and early labour.
Click here for more information on collecting colostrum
- Single use
- Individually packaged/ sterile
- Clear measurement markings
- Three piece (barrel, plunger, silicone gasket)
- Smooth and comfortable oral tip connector
- DEHP/Latex Free
Instructions for collecting colostrum
1. You have two options for collecting expressed colostrum; you can either use syringe to gently suck each bead up directly from the nipple, or you can collect the beads in a spoon or container and then draw them into the syringe from there.
2. For whichever method you choose, make sure that the plunger is fully pushed into place before trying to collect anything and work slowly. Gently pull the plunger away from the base of the syringe to draw up the colostrum. If you notice a bubble forming in the syringe, flick it carefully and it should disperse.
3. Keep filling until you've collected what you can and then place the cap over the tip of the syringe and into a labelled sandwich bag or Tupperware container and into the freezer.
Instructions for administering medication
- Measure the proper dose of medicine into the syringe, then double check the amount
- Position your child in your lap facing away from you
- Introduce syringe into his/her mouth and after your baby starts to suck, slowly push the syringe plunger in